HOW TO FOLD A PAPER PEACE CRANE
Use any size paper you like, but the paper must be square. We recommend 81/2″ by 81/2″ so you can cut a regular piece of paper on one side only, but it is your choice.
1. Fold a square piece of paper in half horizontally. Then fold A back to bottom center (D), and B forward to
front bottom center (C).
2. Your paper should look like this.
3. Pull C (the front) and D (the back) apart all the way until you have a flat diamond (as in small diagram).
4. Fold top layers of C and D inward to center line at E and fold down F along dotted line.
5. Your paper should look like this.
6. Now hereís the tricky part: Unfold step 4. Take top layer only at G and pull it up making use of the crease
(dotted line). This allows points C and D to fold back to center line along creases. Turn paper over and repeat
steps 4, 5, and 6, ignoring new flap topped by point G.
7. With split at bottom, fold H and I inward so that edges meet center line. Turn paper over and repeat.
8. Temporarily open flaps L1 and L2. Pull J up to top between flaps and close flaps (L1 and L2). Repeat with K.
9. Fold head down. Fold down wings.
NOW WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH THEM—
- HANG THEM IN A PROMINENT SPOT?
- MAKE A MOBILE?
- SEND THEM TO THE PRESIDENT — INCREASE THE MUSIC AND ARTS BUDGETS TEN FOLD?
WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?