Music speaks to us directly, heart to heart, soul to soul when at times words do not suffice.
~ Dave Brubeck
Encourage people to make MUSIC — sound, silence, vibrations, from their HEARTS with the intention of creating LOVE, JOY, BEAUTY, COMPASSION AND CREATIVE LIVING.
Who We Are
We are a grassroots community of Music enthusiasts on a quest to nurture universal harmony by encouraging everyone everywhere to gather and create heart to heart connections through Music.
On Universal Music Day we will facilitate and encourage local, national, and international gatherings to experience creativity, movement, healing, and joy through sound, rhythm, and melody. Please join our quest for universal harmony by doing what you do best to advance these goals in a way that supports your community.
We honor those Musicians who inspire, entertain, soothe, heal, and enliven us. We thank them for the Musical gifts they bring to our lives. Let us open our hearts and our minds to the importance of this sacred work.
- to support the 80% of people who WISH they could sing or play an instrument. They will then be your best supporters of the Arts.
- to keep Music in the schools
- to bring Music making into corporations
- to bring MUSIC to the bedside for sick and dying.
- to bring MUSIC back into the home.
In doing the above we will grow in appreciation and support the professional Musicians who devote their entire lives for the enrichment of their communities.
We acknowledge and advance the POWER of MUSIC for healing, education, stree relief and FUN. Universal Music Day creates a *synergistic network and deeper love of music, Musicians, Music teachers and Music-making to promote and encourage, abundant funding and support for MUSIC enrichment programs, through schools, communities, goverments, organizations and corporations. We strive to create a world of compassion and caring for the “Actively Living”.
Music-making for ALL.
- We envision a world of harmony where everyone recognizes the comfort, creativity, educational enhancement, and connection that Music brings.
- We envision Olympic events for Universal Music held at least every 4 years.
- We envision a world where everyone every where seeks, makes and celebrates the gifts of Music daily.
- We envision a corporate world that commits space and instruments for a Music room, just as some do for physical fitness.
- We envision a world where Universal Music Day is an International Holiday.
- We envision a Musician winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
- We envision that through our music-making, we will deepen our respect, appreciation and financial commitment to Musicians for the years of dedication, discipline and practice that Musicians bring to their artistry, skill, Love and Sacred “Play”.
MUSIC and the ARTS give us access to our HEARTS and our HEARTS lead us to our gifts and our truth.” * Through this heart – mind connection people will bring their gifts to create a world that we will be proud to leave the next generations. ~ Susan Patricia Golden ** ABZ’s of Musical Instruments Book 1
“I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues. – Duke Ellington